Skip to main content

Goodbye, Summer ~ Hello, Fall

Good golly Miss Molly am I glad summer is over. Really, I never thought I would say that but the summer of 2011 took a mean beating on us Texans. No rain, not even when we washed our cars, triple digit heat day after day and certainly no backyard bbq gatherings unless there was a pool involved. Our town and state has suffered one of the worst droughts on record and we are all PRAYING for rain. Still.

Ah but the changing of the seasons was definitely a breath of fresh air for me and I began to think of the fall decorating and baking I have planned for the next couple of months. I always like to decorate for the season on the first official day and yesterday was that day. Well I forgot that my son had a Cub Scout meeting so after work I picked up the kids, served a quick dinner and we were off again. I did manage to hang a 'Welcome' sign with a friendly looking scarecrow. Aw, he's cute.

Last weekend I started my annual fall cleaning and I got in over my head just a lil bit. My mission was to clean out all closets and get rid of all things that are never used whether it be toys, books, kitchen gadgets, clothes, etc. Lemme tell ya, my house looked like a screen shot from one of those hoarder shows. It took me a whole week but I finally got eveything boxed up and is ready for donation.

Now I can decorate with help from my kiddos (and the hubs) and start working on those craft projects for Halloween. I am little girl excited.

Popular posts from this blog

Glass Vase Snowman Decor {Craft DIY}

Hello peeps!  Who is still stuffed from all of the Thanksgiving deliciousness?  Or broke from those fab after-Thanksgiving sales?  I don't do the whole crazy shopping thing but I am stuffed and happy.  I got to watch lots of t.v. and in my jammies.  Woot!  

On to my latest project, except I made this last year so I'm kinda lying.  I never got to share this with you guys because of lots of computer problems.  Anywho, I made a snowman using two floral vases.



I was inspired to make this snowman after I saw another blogger make with decor with round floral vases.  She used different glitter for each vase and then topped each one with a witch hat.  It was classy and cute.  And darn.  I wish I could remember that blogger and her site. 
Well here is how I got down to business when making this snowman.

Supplies:
2 - round floral vases 1 - sponge brush Mod Podge 1 - small jar of white glitter 2 - sheets black felt w/glitter scissors craft or felt glue 2 - lids from food canisters (like oatmeal) …

Organizing da Hair Accessories

Before my daughter was born it was just the hubby, our boy and me.  I only had me to worry about when it came to all things hair.  Then baby girl came along and little by little the hair accessories, combs, brushes and everything else started to pile up and take over my middle bathroom drawer.  Up until a couple of weeks ago my hair accessory drawer looked like this:


It was so bad and I couldn't stand it any longer.  Actually it had been quite some time that I could not stand but I finally got around to organizing it.  While still on holiday vacation in early January, the kids and I took a field trip to The Container Store.  One of my new favorite stores.  Love!

After browsing, browsing, browsing and more browsing I finally got down to business.  Mainly because the kids were getting restless otherwise I could have spent the whole day there and compiled a huge wish list.  I came home with some Linus drawer organizers and after a major make-over our hair accessories bathroom drawer lo…

Organized Linen Closet... Finally!

Hi peeps.  Are y’all done decorating for fall yet?  No? Oh wait that's just me.  My decor is going up little by little as the hubs grudgingly brings more Fall/Halloween totes down from the attic.  heehee.
I do however want to show off (‘cause that’s what happens in blog land) my now neat and tidy linencloset thanks to this pin on my Organization board from Better Homes & Gardens that helped me get'er done.  Ta-da!



It is a small closet in my short and narrow hallway so taking full length photos of the before and after was a challenge.  But believe me you this thing was way too crowded and stuffing clean towels into each shelf was just plain dumb.  There was too much going on in there especially with the ball caps and candles taking up valuable space on one shelf.  So just like my utensil drawerlarge utensil drawer, and junk drawer I got to work.  As I told you in my last post, I got the caps out of there and hung up in the coat closet. 
I then emptied out the entire closet a…