Pages

Easy Cheesy Penne Pasta {Recipe}

This past Saturday was my hubby's birthday and although we had some fun, party food for his birthday celebration I thought I would make one of his favorite dishes for dinner last night.  Baked Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce.  He loves it and adores me even more every time I make it for him and the kids.  So why not share this really easy recipe with you all?  It is my own little creation that I came up with not long after I was married.  I originally wanted to recreate a dish I ordered while on our honeymoon but ended up with this concoction.  Or something like that.


Now before I go all bragging about this savory dish, first let me say there is not much to brag about the actual cooking part but it sure does look and taste scrumptious.  I mean for someone who is not at all Italian and knows nothing of such fine cuisine, I would say this ain't bad at all.  So go ahead and try for ya self.  :)

Baked Penne Pasta w/Meat Sauce

Ingredients:
1 lb. bag of penne pasta
1 lb. lean ground beef
Extra virgin olive oil or EVOO
2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
2-3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a little bit extra for garnish

Directions:
*Preheat oven at 350 degrees
*Cook the pasta according to package directions
*Drain the pasta, drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss, place in 13"x9" pan
*Cook the ground beef and season to taste with salt and pepper.  Also season with the Italian seasoning but I say do it quite liberally.  That's how I do it.  The more flavor the better.
*In the 13"x9" pan combine the penne, ground beef and the two jars of pasta sauce.
*Top with the grated cheese, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes
*Remove foil and bake another 5-8 minutes
*Let sit 10 minutes or so before serving

Voila! Pretty easy and basic, huh?  That may be so but my hubby loves it and so do my kids.  I have shared the recipe with friends and co-workers but I do say that the right ingredient is key.  I use organic products as much as possible and I don't use the cheap and cheap tasting pasta sauces.  But really use the products that you consider to be of great quality and what you favor.  I hope you enjoy this dish!

I'M LINKING UP WITH THESE FAB BLOGGERS:
Creations by Kara
Ginger Snap Crafts

2 comments:

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...