Pages

Easter Bunny Treat Bags {Craft DIY}

Happy Spring everyone!  We here in Texas are lovin' this great weather but many of my peeps are also suffering from seasonal allergies.  Boooooo!  I feel their pain.  I used to be in the same boat month after month.  Anywho, let's get to my latest creation.  I will be the first to admit that it did not quite turn out the way I pictured it in my head but my two cute handy sidekicks gave me their "thumbs ups" approval.  Yay me. 























I made these bags pretty much the same way I made my Halloween treat bags.  I bought the small, pale blue gift sacks from Michael's with my 40% off coupon.  Yes, I always use coupons if the item is not on sale.  :) I made a fold on each bag to give me a mark for the ears.


I then used a bunny ear template from AllKidsNetwork except I didn't use the bigger ears on their template.  They were too big for this bag.  I used the smaller ears to make my outer and inner ears.  Basically, I used their small ear as a template for a smaller ear. Clear as mud? See here:


I then cut thin strips of card stock paper for the whiskers.  I grouped them together after cutting to glide the glue stick over them, then attached to the paper bag.


I used this cone-shaped paper punch to make the nose for my hunny bunny.  I just snipped the pointy part off.



As for the eyes, I used my 3/4" round paper punch and used two different colored card stock paper.  I glued them on top of the other and left dropped the black eyes a little to make it look more eye-like. Sorry no picture here but it is the same hole puncher I used in the Halloween treat bags.

Before attaching the cute cottontail I assembled the face on the front side.  I drew the mouth on with a black marker.  I used a cotton ball to glue on the back of the bag.  I left the bag face down for a few minutes to let it adhere properly.  And that's it!  Once you are done, filler up with some fun Easter goodies and seal with an Easter sticker.  My little one is super excited to pass these out to her preschool classmates. :)


Linking up with the weekly parties to the left ----> and here too:

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea, and I know my daughter will love helping me make one. I'm glad I found your blog at the Creations by Kara party. I'm a new follower too, so I can keep in touch. I would love if you stopped by and followed back on LF and GFC. Nice to meet you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute idea! Thanks for sharing!!
    Saw you on TT&J

    ReplyDelete

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...