Pages

Holy Cross Wall!

Happy Holy Thursday and Happy Holy Week!  Well if you celebrate it and if not then g'day to y'all.  I thought I would show off my wall of crosses with you since I added a new cross this past Sunday. It wasn’t a cross that was purchased or gifted to me because I made this one.  Yep, for the first time ever I made a cross out of palms.  It doesn’t look like the one from the church bulletin but I made one!


 
Shame on me for taking so long to follow through with something I’ve wanted to learn how to do for years.  Ever since I can remember I have always watched people sitting around me at church making their crosses out of the palms that were passed out at the start of Mass.  It’s mainly the younger folks that make the crosses during Mass and it’s even cute to see siblings, cousins, or friends help one another.  As always, I take a glimpse at the devoted cross makers because for years I have been keeping mental notes; but yesterday I paid a little more close attention and even went to YouTube (after Mass of course) to learn the steps of this simple, humble cross.

Here is my cross.  Not too shabby for a first-timer in her thirties.  Jeez laweez!



But here are the rest of my crosses.  I started collecting crosses not long after I was married.  Little by little my collection has grown over the years and I am quite pleased with the variety of styles and colors.  And this wall in my house is the perfect spot for my collection. 

 
I am happy to say that the great majority of these crosses were a gift to me or my husband and me.  A couple were wedding gifts, some were birthday gifts and others were Christmas gifts.  I hope my collection grows as I continue to grow in my faith.  Lord knows I have a whole lotta learning to do!  :)
 
 

I love my wall-o-crosses and as cheesy as it may sound, it does bring serenity and peace to our little casita.  Peace be with you all this Easter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...