Pages

Halloween Eyeball Wreath {Craft}

Holy Batman!  Lately I have had the major craft bug and I'm loving it.  I joined Pinterest a few months ago and my Halloween board was one that I was having lots of fun with so many great ideas.  Out of two pins I came up with this fun wreath:

Pink Texas Chick
halloween door
allyou.com
Peering Eyes
BHG.com

My inspiration:
 




        
        +
Here is what I used to make it and how I did it:
  • 12" foam wreath
  • 2 black feather boas
  • 1 pkg of small 12 Styrofoam balls
  • craft paint & sponge brushes
  • 1 pkg  of multi-color googly eyes
  • hot glue gun
Step 1:
Paint the Styrofoam balls the color or colors you wish.  I painted mine orange, purple, green, red, yellow, and blue.  I used a jumbo paper clip to hold each Styrofoam ball while I painted.

I also used a dish grip separator thingy to hold on to the paper clip while I painted.  To keep it from slipping from my fingers ya know.  Oh and did you notice the handsome fellow there hitting on me?  :)
I found that it worked best to pour the paint on each ball and then dabbed it in with the sponge brush.  Dipping the sponge brush in paint and then on to the ball did not work very well.


After a couple of minutes of paint dabbing you have each ball looking like this:


Step 2:
While the paint dries on the Styrofoam balls, you can begin to work on the actual wreath. The ends of the feather boas are attached as one big loop so you have to cut where the two ends are knotted together.  Add a strip of glue to the foam wreath where you want to place one end of the boa and attach. 

Wrap the feather boa around the wreath to get full coverage.  There is no need to glue the entire boa to the wreath, just the ends of the boas.  I found that 1 boa only covered half the wreath and luckily I had two on hand.  When you get to the second half, glue the second boa just like how you did in the beginning.  Sorry, folks, I forgot to take photos of this process but it's easy cheesy.

Step 3:
Glue your painted Styrofoam balls together to make a pair of eyes with the hot glue gun. I glued them where I had some white left because that is where the paperclip was inserted.


Step 4:
Once you have your feather boa on the wreath and the Styrofoam balls glued together, add a strip of glue on the wreath to place the eyeballs.  Carefully separate the boa where you want to glue and then quickly attach the Styrofoam balls. Be sure to have those feathers out of the way or else they'll get on the glue.  Add the googly eyes with the glue gun once the eyeballs are in place.





Step 5:
Use some Halloween ribbon to hang your wreath.


You can't see my Halloween ribbon in the pic but I know it's there and sometimes it peeks out.  :)



Bada bing bada boom you have yourself a not-to-spooky yet fun Halloween wreath.  My kids love it especially since there are so many colors.  It was my son's idea to use the multi-color eyes instead of the normal black/white ones.  He sure is getting crafty clever!

I am linking up with these fab bloggers:
Creations by Kara * Verry Merry Vintage Style * The Thrifty Home
I Gotta Create * Night Owl Crafting * A Diamond in the Stuff
Ginger Snap Crafts * My Romantic Home * Beyond the Picket Fence
Itsy Bitsy Paper * The Artsy Girl Connection

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your humor and the wreath. My mother made me one a couple years ago with the white eyes, I may need one for inside now with color! Terrific idea. PS found you on Night Owl Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NO!!!! I'm your 13th follower..hope it's a lucky 13 :) love this wreath and I'm new to pinterest and enjoying all the great pins...found you on Share the Love Wednesday, hope you come by..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are SO super cute!!! Thanks for sharing them over at the Bewitching Craft linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Well done and alot of fun. Thanks for showing the how tos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! It turned out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so unique and awesome..So creative..Im Marilyn and your newest follower..I would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday creative linky party pweease -- TY .. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party.html ..Lovely blog :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie, what a cute idea for a halloween wreath. I "see" you had lots of fun making this one!! I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'd like to invite you to join our Halloween Link Drive!

    http://www.crochethappy.com/halloween-link-drive-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...