Skip to main content

Halloween Eyeball Wreath {Craft}

Holy Batman!  Lately I have had the major craft bug and I'm loving it.  I joined Pinterest a few months ago and my Halloween board was one that I was having lots of fun with so many great ideas.  Out of two pins I came up with this fun wreath:

Pink Texas Chick
halloween door
allyou.com
Peering Eyes
BHG.com

My inspiration:
 




        
        +
Here is what I used to make it and how I did it:
  • 12" foam wreath
  • 2 black feather boas
  • 1 pkg of small 12 Styrofoam balls
  • craft paint & sponge brushes
  • 1 pkg  of multi-color googly eyes
  • hot glue gun
Step 1:
Paint the Styrofoam balls the color or colors you wish.  I painted mine orange, purple, green, red, yellow, and blue.  I used a jumbo paper clip to hold each Styrofoam ball while I painted.

I also used a dish grip separator thingy to hold on to the paper clip while I painted.  To keep it from slipping from my fingers ya know.  Oh and did you notice the handsome fellow there hitting on me?  :)
I found that it worked best to pour the paint on each ball and then dabbed it in with the sponge brush.  Dipping the sponge brush in paint and then on to the ball did not work very well.


After a couple of minutes of paint dabbing you have each ball looking like this:


Step 2:
While the paint dries on the Styrofoam balls, you can begin to work on the actual wreath. The ends of the feather boas are attached as one big loop so you have to cut where the two ends are knotted together.  Add a strip of glue to the foam wreath where you want to place one end of the boa and attach. 

Wrap the feather boa around the wreath to get full coverage.  There is no need to glue the entire boa to the wreath, just the ends of the boas.  I found that 1 boa only covered half the wreath and luckily I had two on hand.  When you get to the second half, glue the second boa just like how you did in the beginning.  Sorry, folks, I forgot to take photos of this process but it's easy cheesy.

Step 3:
Glue your painted Styrofoam balls together to make a pair of eyes with the hot glue gun. I glued them where I had some white left because that is where the paperclip was inserted.


Step 4:
Once you have your feather boa on the wreath and the Styrofoam balls glued together, add a strip of glue on the wreath to place the eyeballs.  Carefully separate the boa where you want to glue and then quickly attach the Styrofoam balls. Be sure to have those feathers out of the way or else they'll get on the glue.  Add the googly eyes with the glue gun once the eyeballs are in place.





Step 5:
Use some Halloween ribbon to hang your wreath.


You can't see my Halloween ribbon in the pic but I know it's there and sometimes it peeks out.  :)



Bada bing bada boom you have yourself a not-to-spooky yet fun Halloween wreath.  My kids love it especially since there are so many colors.  It was my son's idea to use the multi-color eyes instead of the normal black/white ones.  He sure is getting crafty clever!

I am linking up with these fab bloggers:
Creations by Kara * Verry Merry Vintage Style * The Thrifty Home
I Gotta Create * Night Owl Crafting * A Diamond in the Stuff
Ginger Snap Crafts * My Romantic Home * Beyond the Picket Fence
Itsy Bitsy Paper * The Artsy Girl Connection

Popular posts from this blog

Glass Vase Snowman Decor {Craft DIY}

Hello peeps!  Who is still stuffed from all of the Thanksgiving deliciousness?  Or broke from those fab after-Thanksgiving sales?  I don't do the whole crazy shopping thing but I am stuffed and happy.  I got to watch lots of t.v. and in my jammies.  Woot!  

On to my latest project, except I made this last year so I'm kinda lying.  I never got to share this with you guys because of lots of computer problems.  Anywho, I made a snowman using two floral vases.



I was inspired to make this snowman after I saw another blogger make with decor with round floral vases.  She used different glitter for each vase and then topped each one with a witch hat.  It was classy and cute.  And darn.  I wish I could remember that blogger and her site. 
Well here is how I got down to business when making this snowman.

Supplies:
2 - round floral vases 1 - sponge brush Mod Podge 1 - small jar of white glitter 2 - sheets black felt w/glitter scissors craft or felt glue 2 - lids from food canisters (like oatmeal) …

Organizing da Hair Accessories

Before my daughter was born it was just the hubby, our boy and me.  I only had me to worry about when it came to all things hair.  Then baby girl came along and little by little the hair accessories, combs, brushes and everything else started to pile up and take over my middle bathroom drawer.  Up until a couple of weeks ago my hair accessory drawer looked like this:


It was so bad and I couldn't stand it any longer.  Actually it had been quite some time that I could not stand but I finally got around to organizing it.  While still on holiday vacation in early January, the kids and I took a field trip to The Container Store.  One of my new favorite stores.  Love!

After browsing, browsing, browsing and more browsing I finally got down to business.  Mainly because the kids were getting restless otherwise I could have spent the whole day there and compiled a huge wish list.  I came home with some Linus drawer organizers and after a major make-over our hair accessories bathroom drawer lo…

Easter Egg and Vase Decor {Craft DIY}

Happy Good Friday lovely people.  Easter is my favorite holiday and sadly I haven't decorated much for this Holy celebration.  I have been so busy (I'm always saying that!) and I won't dare go up in the attic to get my decorations.  The attic freaks me out so I always send the hubby to get my things; although he too is a very busy man this tax season.  Anywho, I started this craft project a few weeks ago and just finished it this morning.  Seriously.