Skip to main content

The Witch Stop {Halloween Décor}

As much as I like and celebrate Halloween, I don't have much décor.  I am slowly building up my Halloween stash with every clearance sale on November 1.  J

With that said, I was able to use a few of the few things I have on hand and decorate one of my walls.  We have a narrow, almost bare wall that connects the dining room and kitchen.  All I have on it are two wall candle sconces.  Pretty boring.  Well this year I spruced the area up with a little Halloween touch and all for under $10.  Everything pictured below was purchased on clearance, sale or I already had it on hand.  I just had to get a little creative.


And this is what my wall looked like before the witch stopped on by and hung up her hat and broom.  I told ya it was boring.
First I bought two orange candles at Hobby Lobby that were 50% off and decorated them with some bat stickers that I got for 40% off also at HL.

Holy batman those turned out cute!  :)
Next I took a plain yet glittery orange broom that I had on hand and decorated it with some black, glittery tulle (50% off at HL).

I folded the tulle three fold and wrapped it around the broom like a scarf.  I also tied some ribbon around it and instantly it looks much better than just a plain-o-broom.

I then tied some Halloween ribbon to the broom and witch's hat (that I got on clearance two years ago) and hung each one from my wall sconces, then I placed the candles on top.  Ta da!  It is simple and not too much but I love it.


Happy Halloween!

Linking up with these fab bloggers:

Popular posts from this blog

Glass Vase Snowman Decor {Craft DIY}

Hello peeps!  Who is still stuffed from all of the Thanksgiving deliciousness?  Or broke from those fab after-Thanksgiving sales?  I don't do the whole crazy shopping thing but I am stuffed and happy.  I got to watch lots of t.v. and in my jammies.  Woot!  

On to my latest project, except I made this last year so I'm kinda lying.  I never got to share this with you guys because of lots of computer problems.  Anywho, I made a snowman using two floral vases.



I was inspired to make this snowman after I saw another blogger make with decor with round floral vases.  She used different glitter for each vase and then topped each one with a witch hat.  It was classy and cute.  And darn.  I wish I could remember that blogger and her site. 
Well here is how I got down to business when making this snowman.

Supplies:
2 - round floral vases 1 - sponge brush Mod Podge 1 - small jar of white glitter 2 - sheets black felt w/glitter scissors craft or felt glue 2 - lids from food canisters (like oatmeal) …

Organizing da Hair Accessories

Before my daughter was born it was just the hubby, our boy and me.  I only had me to worry about when it came to all things hair.  Then baby girl came along and little by little the hair accessories, combs, brushes and everything else started to pile up and take over my middle bathroom drawer.  Up until a couple of weeks ago my hair accessory drawer looked like this:


It was so bad and I couldn't stand it any longer.  Actually it had been quite some time that I could not stand but I finally got around to organizing it.  While still on holiday vacation in early January, the kids and I took a field trip to The Container Store.  One of my new favorite stores.  Love!

After browsing, browsing, browsing and more browsing I finally got down to business.  Mainly because the kids were getting restless otherwise I could have spent the whole day there and compiled a huge wish list.  I came home with some Linus drawer organizers and after a major make-over our hair accessories bathroom drawer lo…

Easter Egg and Vase Decor {Craft DIY}

Happy Good Friday lovely people.  Easter is my favorite holiday and sadly I haven't decorated much for this Holy celebration.  I have been so busy (I'm always saying that!) and I won't dare go up in the attic to get my decorations.  The attic freaks me out so I always send the hubby to get my things; although he too is a very busy man this tax season.  Anywho, I started this craft project a few weeks ago and just finished it this morning.  Seriously.