I love how it turned out and I was inspired to do this after pinning this on my Autum board.
Here's how I made my eggs and vases:
1. I bought six clear vases from Hobby Lobby at 50% off and painted them on the inside with American acrylic paint in Petal Pink, Baby Blue, and Yellow Light.
This was a little tedious because I squirted the paint inside the bottle, swirled it around in all sorts of directions until it was fully covered (or almost). I then let the bottle dry upside down overnight. This also lets excessive paint puddle on the bottom instead of gunking up inside the vase.
2. Next I painted a package of six styrofoam eggs in Sour Apple and Purple Cow also by Americana. I used the same method I did with my Easter carrots and Halloween Eyeball wreath.
3. While the eggs dried, I snipped some individual stems of Easter Lily flowers with my husband's nose pliers. Why go buy some floral clippers of my own when his pliers work just fine? :)
4. I then used some white floral stem wire to insert in each egg. I poked a hole in each egg with an unfolded paper clip. After that I bunched it with some snipped Lily stems and used the stem wire to wrap them together. I left some stem wire by itself at the bottom to help stand it up in the vase.
5. Almost done now! I spelled out EASTER on the vases with scrapbook adhesive letters that I've used in other projects. I peeled the paper off the letters and glued them on with my oh so trusty craft glue.
6. I was going to leave the eggs plain but decided to add a little prettyness to them. I found these stickers at Michael's on clearance just last week so I thought they would be perfect on the eggs.
And here they are all put together on display... on display (channeling my inner Melissa Gorga) and looking quite pretty on my entry table next to my mail tray. I'm so glad I
copied thought of this project after seeing it on Pinterest. :)
I hope you all like it too and my you have a blessed Holy Week and wonderful Easter.