Pages

{Texas Proud} Texas Rangers Baseball

Two weeks ago the family and I took a little road trip up north to Arlington to see our very first Texas Rangers Baseball game.  We did a little Texas staycation just like last year.  We were all excited but my very own lil slugger was over the moon excited.  Baseball is his passion.  Not a day goes by when baseball is not part of his day, thoughts or dreams.  He always asks if I'll be at his games once he's a pro.  Big dreams and optimism.  I love it.  Of course I'll be there; I'll be that mom that is annoyingly proud and cheering like no one is sitting next to me.  :)

After one too many pit stops along the way we finally made it to our hotel.  We stayed at the Marriott Townelace Suites right across the street from Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.  I love Marriott hotels.  I always check with a Marriott hotel before anywhere else.  We checked in, checked out the place, got ready and jumped back in the car.  Although we weren't quite ready because we didn't have any Rangers gear.  Well being the cheapies that we are and already knowing that there was a Wal-Mart across the street from the Cowboys stadium we made a bee line to Wally Mart.  Sixty bucks later we had our Rangers gear, changed in the car and a hop, skip and a jump later we were parked again and walking towards the stadium.

Upon entering, buying some good 'ol ballpark food and finding our seats this was our view.



In my mind I was a little disappointed but my boy wasn't because he was just ecstatic to be there so I stayed mum.  No, really I wasn't going to say anything to the hubs.  It was a last minute purchase after all.  We each had a "wow" moment when we walked in and saw the field, the people, the signs, the players warming up, everything.  It was kewl!!  There is a BUT in this family field trip.  The sun!  Our seats were facing the sun so this was in our faces for about 2 1/2 hours.


Oh yes we got our vitamin D this sunny Texas day.  Oy.  The Texas sun is not forgiving and we got lucky because it had rained earlier in the day.  The rain kept the temperature in the 90s instead of the triple digits.  Yep, 90+ temperatures is a breeze for us native Texans.  :)

After the sun went down we took our first family Rangers picture.


Yep, that's my girl wearing a pink Rangers hat.  She had to be fly and make Mama proud.  :)
Everyone had a great time at the game.  My girl enjoyed some pink cotton candy to go with her outfit and my boy had his glove ready to catch a ball.



Ooh and this guy here is Josh Hamilton.  Nice toosh.  :)


Oh and I have to share this one of the flag girls 'cause this is what I did my freshman year in high school.  I'm sure I can still totally do a triple aerial and not whack myself in the face. Bet. (yeah right)


And in the end we of course had to make a stop at the souvenir shop.  My girl knew right away what she wanted once she spotted it.  She wants to play ball like her brother.  :)




My boy on the other hand wanted one of everything and could not make up his mind.  :)

   
It turned out to be a late night and we went back to our hotel room and crashed; after showering of course 'cause we were one stanky, sweaty family!  Day 2 was all about the Ft.Worth Stockyards.  I'll tell you all about it in my next post.

Even though they lost it was still a grand night and a beautiful sight at the Texas Rangers Ballpark.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments tickle me pink! Thank you for stopping by and browsing around these parts. :)

Snack Station {Halloween}

Hello, happy Friday and happy kickoff to Halloween weekend!  I know, I know I’m rarely on here but I finally got a light under my butt to p...